Founded in 1948 as Boysville of Michigan, Inc., at a site and in buildings donated by Henry Ford, HCCS originally began serving Catholic boys with serious home problems. Commencing business in 1998 as Holy Cross Children’s Services to reflect the broadening nature of its mission, HCCS has continued to grow. The Knights of Columbus founded HCCS and made HCCS their principle charitable responsibility. HCCS is a ministry of the Congregation of Holy Cross and was created to help children develop self-esteem and self-reliance, learn academics and develop spiritual values.
We were founded as Boysville of Michigan; officially dedicated on October 24, 1948 by His Eminence Edward Cardinal Mooney. We are now one of the largest, private, statewide, not-for-profit network provider of children’s services in Michigan; servicing 90% of the counties in the state. Our services include: residential campuses and group homes, charter schools, foster care homes, supervised independent living programs, day and residential treatment programs and a variety of community-based services. Currently has offices and service sites in Alpena, Clinton, Detroit, Redford, Saginaw, Mt. Morris, Traverse City, Clinton Township, Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids.